Prof. Fabrício Ávila Rodrigues in an Agronomist and received his Ph.D. in 2004 in Plant Pathology from the University of Florida, Gainesville, U.S.A.. Prof. Rodrigues is currently an Associate Professor of Plant Pathology at the Plant Pathology Department at Federal University of Viçosa, Brazil. Prof. Rodrigues is the author or co-author of more than 100 research articles and 10 book chapters, most of which deal with the control of plant diseases using the induced resistance, understanding the infection process of several root and foliar pathogens, how the pathogens affect the host physiology as well as the defense mechanisms activated by the host in response to pathogen infection. Prof. Rodrigues is currently a consulting member of some Scientific Agencies from the Brazilian Government and abroad.
Laboratório da Interação Planta-Patógeno, Departamento de Fitopatologia, Universidade Federal de Viçosa, 36570-900 Viçosa, MG, Brazil
Phone: +55 (31) 3612-4408/4409
Physiological and biochemical responses of plants against pathogens infection, induced resistance and the mechanisms of host resistance to diseases
- Metabolic and molecular alterations triggered by nutrients and silicon in several crops during the infection process of foliar and root pathogens
- Induced resistance in plants against foliar and root pathogens
- Mineral nutrition and plant diseases
- Biochemical, molecular and physiological responses of crops infected by root and foliar pathogens
- Mechanisms associated with photosynthetic limitations in plants infected by pathogens
Prof. Jian Feng Ma, Plant Stress Physiology Group, Institute of Plant Science and Resources, Okayama University, Japan
Prof. Lawrence E. Datnoff, Louisiana State University, Department of Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology, Baton Rouge, U.S.A.